Tuesday, November 18, 2008

rewards

In chapter 8, communication and relational dynamics, the text explained why we form relationships. I have discussed in my last 2 blogs about the reasons why we form relationships. The main reason why we form relationships is because of rewards. This is something that can be interpreted in different ways. One form of relational rewards is a greater value then costs. So basically we get emotional satisfaction and feel rewarded when are with someone. One of my friends is a good example of this because she is very fun to hangout and has a great personality. I feel rewarded when I am hanging out with her because she makes me laugh and is very positive. She gives of great vibes and it’s a reward to have a friend like her. Another form that can be interpreted is when people chose their relationships based on materialistic rewards. Personally I view it as the same as using and coning people. Another one of my friends from work does this when she is looking for a boyfriend. Whenever we go out she is always checking out guys who have flashy clothes and cars. People do this all the time, I feel that if do this then your relationship will be focused on unimportant things and will turn into an unhealthy relationship.

No comments: