Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Questions

In chapter 7 they talk about listening. While reading the text I learned what kind of listener I am. Questioning listening is what I feel I do the most when listening to someone. I feel this is the best way I can get all the information I need when talking to someone. Many times when I am talking to someone, they leave out many key things because they think I know what they are saying. So to eliminate confusion I ask questions so I can understand them. This also makes you look like you are engaging in a conversation. I believe that just saying uh huh and nodding is not effective. I have been told that I ask good questions while in a conversation. I feel this is a good quality to have because it shows you care. I do have to watch out for the counterfeit questions because that can get me into trouble sometimes. It’s almost as if I am interrogating someone one, or even sounding nosey. Overall I think this is a very popular way of listening. Sometimes it makes the person look at the situation differently. Sometimes it’s good to let the person say what they want to say before asking questions. This helps you let the person vent before saying anything or not sidetracking them. It also good to make sure you don’t ask a question that won’t make them feel uncomfortable.

No comments: