Friday, October 24, 2008

Appearance


In chapter 6 nonverbal communication, it discussed that appearance is a form of nonverbal communication. Two of the dimensions of appearance are physical attractiveness and clothing. It was interesting to see that scientists actually did research on this. The women who are more attractive get better grades in college, get more dates, and persuade men easier. Many girls that I know who are attractive do hold these positive attributes. When I see someone who is ugly or unattractive I sometimes think they are lazy, dirty, anti social, and I tend to have a hard time holding a strong conversation with them. When I get to know them, then it’s a different story. But when we are sending nonverbal messages, I pick up more negative things then positive things. Clothing has a big effect on non verbal messages, whenever I see someone wearing a gothic outfit like a slipknot t-shirt, I automatically assume they are devil worshipers, and they are scary! I don’t know why but I always have thought this way. I need to learn that clothing doesn’t mean that and I should try to get to know them after I see the clothing and then I will judge them for who they are.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey even I jump to the dark side when I see someone wearing or dressing goth. It is hard not to!

sammylabella said...

Classic Titanium-Arts - TITAN - titanium flat irons - Tire - Tire
ClassicTitanium-Arts, titanium nitride designed by V.L. Breen and published by TITAN. It is made titanium chainmail in columbia titanium jacket a titanium frame, which will be a unique titanium piercings tool that will help you achieve great titanium plumbing results in

Unknown said...

i thought about this realistic sex dolls,sex toys,cheap sex dolls,dog dildo,real dolls,dildos,realistic dildo,sex doll,wholesale sex toys her latest blog