Friday, September 5, 2008

Principles

In chapter 1 a First Look at Interpersonal Communication I wanted to talk a little more about one area on this chapter that I thought was interesting. I carefully read more in depth about the principles of communication because I thought it was important and interesting. I learned that it is impossible not to communicate. I never realized this until I read this in the book. Even if you have the best poker face you still get off feelings and emotions without knowing you do this. When you decode the messages in a conversation many people tend to take the wrong way. This can be avoided by simply thinking before you talk or phrasing it the correct way. One principle that I found humorous was communication is unrepeatable. I found this funny because there is so many times I am with some of my goofy friends and they tell a great story and I can’t retell it to someone else. Communication is very interesting that way because it’s always in the moment. Many people tell me I look like snob when they first meet me because I give off a vibe. This is another principle of communication which is communication can be unintentional. I have been guilty of accuses people for being rude when they’re not. It comes down to how you present yourself and how you phrase things.

No comments: