Monday, September 8, 2008

Self Etseem

In chapter two creating and presenting the self I read up on self esteem. This is something I have always had a problem with because in our society there is such a high standard image you have to live up to. All the models in the magazines are skinny tall and flawless. I am short, thick and definitely not flawless so my self esteem is not the best. This affects my communication skills with people sometimes because I can get insecure. When that happens I tend to get quite and nervous. When I am out with my friends or people I know I usually am outgoing and very chatty. When people look stuck up or is very into them I get insecure because I think they are looking down at me. I need to work on accepting myself so my confidence while communicating will improve. Since I have been working in customer service I have seen a dramatic improvement because I am always talking with different people but I have a lot of things I need to work on. Self esteem is important to have because it goes hand and hand with communication. If you’re confident then you will be good at speeches talking in front of a group of people. My goal is to be able to perfect this so I can be a great business women.

No comments: